Volunteers in Public Safety Support / VIPSS
The Public Safety Support Citizen Academy offers former graduates of police and fire academies the opportunity to continue their learning and practical experience by participating in an enhanced Public Safety Support Citizen Academy. Graduates of the Public Safety Support Citizen Academy will be called upon to provide support during times of emergencies or natural disasters as well as volunteer during special and routine events.
Extensive eight week training curriculum including units on:
- Disaster preparedness
- Terrorism prevention and awareness
- CBRNE indicators
- First aid
- Traffic control
- Interoperable communications
- Fire safety
- Light search and rescue operations
- Ages: 18 and older
- Must be a Central Ohio resident with reliable transportation
- Completion of ICS courses 100b, 200b, and 700a - available on-line at training.fema.gov/IS/
- Completion of a satisfactory background check
Saturday classes will begin on August 9, 2014 and run through October 11, 2014. All classes will be held from 9:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.
City Hall - Grove City
Grove City, Ohio 43123
Applications will be accepted throughout the year for future training classes.
If you would like to apply, please download and fill out the application and e-mail it to either Sergeant Charley Brown, or Corporal Samuel Byrd (contact information is listed below).
Sergeant Samuel Byrd
Corporal Jason V. Ratcliff