The mission of the Franklin County Sheriff's Citizens Academy is to build a stronger relationship with the community it serves; expose citizens to some of the training a deputy sheriff receives; give citizens a better understanding of our values, organization, and operations is our goal; and to promote cooperation and support for the Franklin County Sheriff's Office and reduce crime through community involvement.
Training classes are held one night a week for twelve weeks. A graduation ceremony will wrap up each course.
Classes will be held at at 6373 Young Rd.
All participants must complete a successful background check.
There are two separate classes, one held on Tuesday night, and the other held on Thursday night.
- Tuesday's classes will start on March 11, 2014 through June 3, 2014 from 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM.
- Thursday's classes will start on March 13, 2014 through June 5, 2014 from 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM.
- Gang awareness
- Drug awareness
- Deadly force policy
- Intermediate weapon (Baton, O.C. spray, and taser)
- Firearm/Shooting range
- Firearm simulator
- Mock traffic stops
- Patrol ride along
- Corrections tour
- K-9 familiarization
- Accident (crash) investigation
- Operating a Vehicle while Intoxicated (OVI) detection
- Domestic violence
- Crime scenes
For more information
Sergeant Samuel Byrd
Corporal Shawn Pak