- Use well lighted, busy bus stops. Wait with other people when possible.
- Sit near the front of the bus, close to the driver.
- Don't fall asleep!
- If someone is harassing you, tell them firmly and loudly, "Leave me alone!" Persistent persons should be reported to the driver.
- As you prepare to get off the bus, take note of suspicious persons who are exiting with you. Consider remaining on the bus; if necessary, ask the driver for assistance.
- Be alert to who gets off the bus with you. If you feel uneasy, walk directly to a place where there are other people.