- Always lock your vehicle doors, even when driving. Don't place valuables on the seat next to you in plain view. Keep them in the trunk.
- Consider using a steering wheel lock.
- Have your key in hand when approaching your vehicle to allow for quick access. Remember to look into the back seat area before entering.
- Park in well lighted areas which are visible to other people.
- Keep your vehicle in good condition and always have enough gas to get where you are going and back again.
- If you experience car trouble, raise the hood and remain in your vehicle with the doors locked. If someone offers to help, ask them to call the police for you.