The Volunteers in Public Safety Support (VIPSS) opportunity in character building, leadership, homeland security, police and fire response, emergent response and preparedness. Youth, ages 16 to 19 will be exposed to a range of public safety career options while gaining practical "hands-on" experience upon graduation from the training program. Completion of training will prepare participants to provide support to public safety forces during disasters as well as volunteer during special and routine events.
Extensive training curriculum including units on:
- Disaster preparedness
- Terrorism prevention and awareness
- CBRNE indicators
- First aid
- Traffic control
- Interoperable communications
- Fire safety
- Light search and rescue operations
- Public Health
- Ages: 16-19
- GPA: 2.5 or Higher
- Consent from parent or legal guardian
A background check for those 18 or older must be completed. For details about the background check contact Sgt. Samuel Byrd at 614-525-6317.
- Completion of ICS courses 100b and 700a - available on-line at training.fema.gov/IS/
- Fall 2018 class TBD
- If you are interested in a future class please complete an application today
If you would like to apply, please download and fill out the application and e-mail it to email@example.com.
VIPSS Program Application