Missing Children / Runaways
- National Runaway Switchboard
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children Hotline
Cyber Security for students
- Directions for Youth
Outreach programs that help kids make responsible decisions about: Sexual activity, Respect for differences, Theft and property offenses, Substance abuse and other self-defeating behaviors. Counseling is also offered for: Youth at risk of incarceration, Survivors of sexual abuse, Youth grieving the loss of a loved one to homicide, Witnesses to abuse/violence, Teen mothers at risk of abusing/neglecting their babies, and young substance abusers with abusive/violent behaviors.
- Franklin County Family and Children First Council Initiatives include: Ohio Children's Trust Fund (child abuse and neglect prevention), School Readiness Resource Centers (geared to increase school performance and attendance), Welcome Home Program (medical support for teen parents), Wellness Block Grant Indicator I (teen pregnancy prevention program through schools and communities) and Wellness Block Grant Indicator II (program to impact families with risk factors for child abuse and neglect). Contact: 614-275-2511
Child Abuse (also Elderly and Disabled)
- Franklin County Unruly Diversion Program
- Central Ohio Area Agency on Aging (COAAA)
Offers "Care Choice Ohio", for assessment and information about long -term care options, and "PASSPORT", a community alternative to nursing home care, providing services such as home delivered meals, personal care and adult day care. The individual must be Medicaid eligible.
- Franklin County Office on Aging (FCOA)
Senior Options provides home care services such as meals-on-wheels, homemaking, personal care, and medical transportation.
Adult Protective Services investigates reports of abuse, neglect, self-neglect or exploitation of adults who are incapacitated, or unable to make then act upon decisions on their own behalf.
614-525-4348 M-F 9-5
- Senior Living
Resources for People with Mental Illness
- Netcare Access
24 hour Emergency Services. Access is the entry point for people of all ages who need mental health services. People can walk in or be transported to a location for assessment or emergency care.
199 South Central Avenue or 741 East Broad Street
- Mental Health America of Franklin County
For information and non-emergency linkage to mental health services
- Ohio Mental Health & Addiction Services
- Suicide Prevention Services
24 HR Hotline
Consumer Safety Guide
Resources for People with Mental Retardation / Developmental Disability (MR/DD)
- Franklin County Board of MR/DD
The "Intake and Assessment" unit is the entry point for the range of services available to people with mental retardation or a developmental disability.
"Case Management Services" investigates suspected abuse, neglect, and exploitation of people who have MR/DD.
Aid for Victims of Crime
- Ohio Victims of Crime
- Mount Carmel's Crime and Trauma Assistance Program (CTAP)
- Franklin County Sheriff's Office
- Crime Stoppers
Alcohol and Drug Treatment
- Maryhaven Alcohol and Drug Addiction Treatment
1791 Alum Creek Drive
- M.A.D.D. 24 Hour Hotline
- Committee for Children
Bullying, Sexual Harassment, Family and Parent Education
- If your working with kids in areas such as sports, clubs and the workplace
Ohio Attorney General
General Information - 614-466-4320 Consumer Protection - 614-466-8831
Employment Law - 614-644-7257
Health Care Fraud - 614-466-0722
Juvenile Justice - 614-644-8066