If you've been involved in an accident, and need to file a crash report, please read the below instructions.
- Be sure that the accident occurred within the Franklin County limits. You cannot file a report with the Franklin County Sheriff's office if the accident did not occur within Franklin County. If your accident occurred within another jurisdiction, you must contact that jurisdiction to file the report. If you are not sure, call the Franklin County Sheriff's office at 614-525-3333.
- Open and print the Crash Report Instruction Sheet.
- Open and print the Crash Report.
- Follow the instructions on the Crash Report Instruction Sheet to complete the Crash Report. Do not forget to sign the report.
- You may either bring the report into the Sheriff's office or mail it to the following address:
1945 Frebis Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43206.