Deputy applicants will be required to take our Physical Abilities Test (PAT). Tests will be held monthly thereafter for applicants that pass the previous month's NTN test.
All PAT's will be held at our Training Academy in Grove City, Ohio.
Click here to view a short video of the PAT requirements.
The Physical Abilities Test consists of five (5) separate events. Each event must be performed in a set sequence and is pass or fail.
- Aerobics Component: Consists of 300 meter shuttle run, 20 meter high crawl, 20 meter low crawl, 10 meter dummy drag, 3 ft. wall jump, 26 step ups followed by a 20 meter sprint. The Aerobics Component must be completed in 6 minutes or less.
- Dead Lift: Utilizes a hex bar and the applicant must lift 140 lbs. for 3 repetitions. The 3 repetitions must be performed consecutively and in a controlled manner.
- Hand Release Push Up: The arms must be extended to the side to form a T position during each repetition. The minimum passing score is 15 repitions.
- Plank: Performed by resting on the forearms while maintaining a straight body configuration in which no part of the body other than the feet and forearms are coming in contact with the ground. The minimum passing score is 30 seconds.
- Farmers Carry: Completed by carrying a 45 lb. kettle bell in each hand carrying at a distance of at least 140 ft. The kettle bells cannot be dropped or reconfigured during the Farmers Carry.
Please consult your personal physician prior to undertaking any physical fitness training or strenuous exercise.