National Testing Network (NTN) Test:
**NEW** The National Testing Network (NTN) test is no longer a required step in our hiring process if you meet one of the following criteria. If the information is provided in the application process, you will moved to self schedule for the Physical Abilities Test (PAT).
- At least three (3) years (1,095 days) of Military Service with honorable discharge. This includes the Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy, Space Force or full-time equivalent of three (3) years (1,095 days) in the following reserve components: Air Force Reserve, Air National Guard, Army Reserve, Army National Guard, Coast Guard Reserve, Marine Corps Reserve, and Navy Reserve.
- At least three (3) years (1,095 days) of current Law Enforcement experience in good standing. Must be currently employed with a County/Parish/Borough Sheriff or State/Municipal/Village/Township Police Department. Other Police Departments are not eligible to waive the NTN but are still eligible for the lateral hiring process.
- At least three (3) years (1,095 days) of current Emergency Medical Technician, Paramedic or Firefighter experience in good standing.
- An associate degree or higher.
To receive a voucher to take our pre-employment test at no charge, fill out our application by clicking here.
The Sheriff's Office is building an eligibility list for future classes of Deputy Sheriff’s. Interested candidates must register with the National Testing Network (NTN). Click here, to be directed to their website, to sign up for a testing date, and complete the pre-employment examination. Candidates who pass the pre-employment examination will be contacted directly by the Franklin County Sheriff's Office Human Resource department to apply with our office and complete a personal history questionnaire (PHQ). Applicants are reminded that providing false information and non-disclosure of information requested at any point in the process is grounds for removal from the hiring process.
The National Testing Network (NTN) allows candidates to test every six (6) months, and candidate scores are accepted by the Franklin County Sheriff's Office twice per calendar year.
Schedule a Deputy Test:
- Go to the National Testing Network website or click here.
- Select the “Corrections” tab on the main home page or at the top of your page, click on “Find Jobs” and select “Corrections”.
- On the left-hand side of your screen select, “Choose Your Department”; make sure the “Job Class” tab is “Corrections Positions”. Pick “Ohio”, click the blue “Update” tab. This will take you to another screen that lists all agencies in Ohio that are accepting test scores.
- Select “Franklin County Sheriff’s Office”, click the red “Continue” button on the left-hand side of the page. Once you have selected “Continue” a box will appear asking if you would like to select any additional departments to send your scores to. If you are only selecting FCSO, click on “That’s All I Want”.
- The next screen you will see, “Do you Qualify”? Scroll to the bottom, if you qualify, make sure you select “I qualify. Continue”. Then click the red “Continue” button on the bottom left hand side of the page.
- Select where you want to take the test or if you want, select the "Virtual Testing" options. Please note: The NTN has testing sites all over the United States and they also have virtual testing (all times Pacific Standard Time). Once you have made you testing location selection, click the red “Continue” button on the bottom left hand side of the page.
- Select the testing date and time convenient to your schedule. Once you have selected your testing date and time, you will confirm the test information and cost.
- If you have not logged into the NTN website, you will need to do so on this login webpage and follow the additional prompts to complete signing up for the pre-employment examination.
Candidates are highly encouraged to send current test scores to the Franklin County Sheriff's Office, as the office has generously offered to cover the fee for candidates to transfer their NTN scores. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact NTN Candidate support at 855-821-3761.
If you have problems with the National Testing Network website, please contact them. The Franklin County Sheriff’s Office has no access to their website testing schedules.
To receive a voucher to take our pre-employment test at no charge, fill out our application by clicking here. Voucher codes are emailed out once per week.
We pull scores twice a month to schedule for the PAT.