Corrections civilian staffing is under the supervision of our Jail Administration and Professional Service Bureau whom are responsible for the day-to-day operations of both Franklin County Corrections Centers - including corrections staff, kitchen services, commissary, social services, and medical/mental health.
Sheriff’s Office Core Competencies:
- Commitment to Organizational Culture: Works with intention to support and promote organizational culture, transforms operational philosophy into action. Emphasizes service, collaboration, and integrity.
- Emotional Intelligence: Self-awareness, expressiveness, empathy, authenticity, sympathy, emotional connection with others to create trust.
- Integrity and Credibility: Walks the talk, knows what's right and does it. Effectively applies values and principles in specific situations. Encourages others to behave with integrity.
- Teamwork and Cooperation: Crossing boundaries, coordinating groups, makes effective use of all available talent, focused on serving the public together.
Corrections Specific Core Competencies:
- Analytic Thinking / Problem Solving: Problem solving, on-the-spot decision making, investigations, evaluating reports and statistics, assessing threats, crime pattern analysis, information seeking, and assessing people’s abilities.
- Attention to Quality & Order: Maintains or increases order in the environment, values accuracy, and quality, and seek clarity in roles and functions.
- Conflict Management: Respectful, facilitates rather than driving or manipulating, focuses on solutions, focuses on people, and seeks long lasting outcomes.
- Impact and Influence: Communication that gains others’ support, constant interpretation to others, educating others, persuading others who have fixed ways.
- Initiative and Time Management: Self-directed, perseverance, persistence, and sets own goals. Sees the job through.
- Interpersonal Skills / Active Listening: Communicates effectively with others, crosses boundaries, initiates relationships, is focused on serving the public together.