All applicants must pass a drug screening and a pre-employment exam with the National Testing Network (NTN). To schedule the Emergency Communication test, click here.
Applicants are subject to a background investigation which includes: review of criminal records, driving records, credit report, employment verifications, personal references, initial and panel interviews along with Computer Voice Stress Analysis.
The Franklin County Sheriff's Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants are reminded that providing false information and non-disclosure of information requested at any point in the process is grounds for removal from the hiring process.
Application Steps for Patrol Communication Technician (911-Dispatcher):
- Take the Emergency Communication Pre-Employment test with the National Testing Network, to visit their website, click here.
- Send the Franklin County Sheriff's Office your test scores. You must pass all three (3) sections of the test, which are: Call Taker, Notes and Dispatching. To find out about passing scores, click here to go to the FAQ sections.
- We continuously pull scores from the National Testing Network to send out email invitations with a link to complete our employment application.
- Applicants will receive an email invitation link from Human Resources to complete the employment application. Fill out the application in its entirety on our application website.
- Once your application has been received you will be sent a personal history questionnaire and background release forms to fill out; please fill it out in its entirety and send back to the Human Resource Department. Applicants will have a telephone interview and an initial background screening.
- Applicants passing the telephone interview and initial background screening will be notified to self-schedule during available dates and times, to interview with Human Resources personnel and the chain-of-command to address suitability for the position.
- Applicants will need to self-schedule to job shadow in our Communication Center with one of our experienced Patrol Communication Technicians (911-Dispatchers).
- A background investigation (employment verification and personal reference checks, either by phone or email) is conducted along with a Computer Voice Stress Analysis to verify history and information provided.
- Photographs and fingerprints are also taken.
- Applicants receiving conditional offers must submit to and pass a drug screening. After passing this step, a formal offer may be extended.
- The Patrol Communication Technician probationary period is one (1) year.