The Franklin County Sheriff's Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants are subject to a background investigation which includes: review of criminal records, driving records, credit report, employment verifications, personal references, panel interview along with Computer Voice Stress Analysis.
Applicants are reminded that providing false information and non-disclosure of information requested at any point in the process is grounds for removal from the hiring process.
Application Steps for Communication Technician (911-Dispatcher):
- Complete the employment application in its entirety, click here. You will be emailed a voucher to take the National Testing Network (NTN) Emergency Communication Pre-Employment examination free of charge. Voucher codes are emailed out once per week.
- Take the Emergency Communication Pre-Employment test with the NTN, to visit their website, click here.
- Send the Franklin County Sheriff's Office your test scores. You must pass all three (3) sections of the test, which are: Call Taker, Notes and Dispatching. To find out about passing scores, click here to go to the FAQ sections.
- You will be sent a personal history questionnaire and background release forms to fill out; please fill it out in its entirety and send back to the Human Resource Department. Applicants will have an initial background screening.
- Applicants passing the initial background screening will be scheduled to interview with Human Resources personnel and the chain-of-command to address suitability for the position.
- A full background investigation is conducted along with a Computer Voice Stress Analysis to verify history and information provided.
- Photographs and fingerprints are taken.
- A job shadow in our Communication Center with one of our experienced Communication Technicians (911-Dispatchers).
- Applicants receiving conditional offers must submit to and pass a drug screening. After passing this step, a final employment offer may be extended.
- The Communication Technician probationary period is one (1) year.